Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Class for Community Rescuers
Who should take this class?
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is geared towards anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for their job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements or anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. This course is recommended for teachers, airline personnel, construction professionals, lifeguards, parents, nonemergency transportation drivers, corporate employees, factory workers, and security officers.
What does Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
Certification: American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Certification. You will receive your eCard on the day of the class.