Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Renewal Online Part 1(approx. 90 minutes). *Cards Issued Same Day Upon Course Completion.
What is it?
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course, web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance to a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
• Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
• Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
• CPR with an advanced airway*
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Certification is good for 2 years. Fee: $70 (Part 1, 2, 3)